[Gdal-dev] visual c++

Sergio Liminiana Bernat pfcsergioliminiana at yahoo.es
Mon Jun 27 18:38:29 EDT 2005

In my first progamme in visual Studio c++ 6.0 and GDAL
I have problems when I try to rebuild all. It's a
simple code, only  for exemple. I build GDAL like
"Building GDAL From Source" says changing nmake.opt
file. Can you help me??

#include <gdal_priv.h>

int main()
{
    GDALDataset  *poDataset;

    GDALAllRegister();

     if( poDataset == NULL )
    {
       }
	 return 0;
}

prueba.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_GDALAllRegister
prueba.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual enum CPLErr __thiscall
GDALMajorObject::SetMetadataItem(char const *,char
const *,char const *)"
(?SetMetadataItem at GDALMajorObject@@UAE?AW4CPLErr@@PBD00 at Z)
prueba.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual char const * __thiscall
GDALMajorObject::GetMetadataItem(char const *,char
const *)"
(?GetMetadataItem at GDALMajorObject@@UAEPBDPBD0 at Z)
prueba.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual enum CPLErr __thiscall
GDALMajorObject::SetMetadata(char * *,char const *)"
(?SetMetadata at GDALMajorObject@@UAE?AW4CPLErr@@PAPADPBD at Z)
prueba.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual char * * __thiscall
GDALMajorObject::GetMetadata(char const *)"
(?GetMetadata at GDALMajorObject@@UAEPAPADPBD at Z)
prueba.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual void __thiscall
GDALMajorObject::SetDescription(char const *)"
(?SetDescription at GDALMajorObject@@UAEXPBD at Z)
prueba.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual char const * __thiscall
GDALMajorObject::GetDescription(void)const "
(?GetDescription at GDALMajorObject@@UBEPBDXZ)
prueba.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual __thiscall
GDALMajorObject::~GDALMajorObject(void)"
(??1GDALMajorObject@@UAE at XZ)
prueba.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual enum CPLErr __thiscall
GDALDataset::AdviseRead(int,int,int,int,int,int,enum
GDALDataType,int,int *,char * *)"
(?AdviseRead at GDALDataset@@UAE?AW4CPLErr@@HHHHHHW4GDALDataType@@HPAH
PAPAD at Z)
prueba.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual enum CPLErr __thiscall
GDALDataset::SetGCPs(int,struct GDAL_GCP const *,char
const *)"
(?SetGCPs at GDALDataset@@UAE?AW4CPLErr@@HPBUGDAL_GCP@@PBD at Z)
prueba.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual struct GDAL_GCP const * __thiscall
GDALDataset::GetGCPs(void)"
(?GetGCPs at GDALDataset@@UAEPBUGDAL_GCP@@XZ)
GDALDataset::GetGCPProjection(void)" (?GetGCPProjection at GDALDataset@@UAEPBDXZ)