[Gdal-dev] gdalinfo output: GTIFF vs HFA - UTM

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 14:44:45 EST 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 13:28:03 +0100, Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> wrote:
> Frank,
>
> thanks for explaining the GRASS plugin changes, I should
> have read the docs... Works smoothly now!

Markus,

Well, I did specifically mislead you with my previous email, and
the only available documentation is buried deep in the C++
API reference docs, so I hardly expect users to find it there.

> Coordinate System is:
> PROJCS["UTM",
> -> here the zone/hemisphere is not displayed. May I ask
> you to add this to the HFA/Erdas driver?

The PROJCS name string is, in theory arbitrary, and does not
affect the system processing of WKT definitions so it shouldn't
matter.  But it is a useful string for end users to see, so I'll look into
changing the HFA driver to insert a more appropriate name in the
UTM case.