[Gdal-dev] merge 3 tiff files into RGB color composite geotiff

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at fao.org
Mon Mar 7 03:22:10 EST 2005

Hi Frank,
This worked great and I was able to see the output in OpenEV. However,
I was not able to see the file in Gimp or any other graphical software
I tried because they started complaining about unknown tags... This
happened when working with MODIS data, while a similar test with ASTER
data didn't give the errors and the Aster image would open in these
programs. I assume there are some tags that geotiff supports bu confuse
other software!? Is there a way to remove these (export to some kind of
GeoTIFF minimum!?) so the images will open in (m)any graphics software?
Thanks again,
Jeroen