[Gdal-dev] FWtools and ogrinfo

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 10:14:44 EST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:06:08 +0100, jluis at ualg.pt <jluis at ualg.pt> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. I installed the FWTools 0.96 (windows) but I get an error
> saying
> "procedure entry point ?Seel2CNCSJPCIOStream@@.... could not
> be located in NCSEcw.dll"

Joaquim,

This generally means there is an older set of ECW DLLs in
your windows\system32 directory and they are taking
precidence over the ones in FWTools\bin.  You could (temporarily)
remove your NCS DLLs from windows\system32 to correct this.
I hope to compile the ECW DLLs myself for win32 with a distinct
name in the future.

> 2. I tried to read vmap0 with ogrinfo but I get an error with
> "Unable to open datasource ..."
> However, I compiled gdal with the OGDI driver (it appears reported)
> If I do the same in the FWTools shell window it works. So I guess
> the problem must be related with the compiling options of OGDI. I used this
>
> TARGET = win32
> OGDIDIR =       D:\programas\ogdi-3.1.4
> OGDIVER =       31
> OGDILIB =       $(OGDIDIR)\lib\$(TARGET)\ogdi$(OGDIVER).lib \
>                 $(OGDIDIR)\lib\$(TARGET)\zlib_ogdi$(OGDIVER).lib
>
> Is there anything else that must be added?
>
> BTW, I had to define the TARGET variable because it did not exist.

I'm not sure why this isn't working for you.  Does OGDI show up in the
format list if you do "ogrinfo.exe --formats"?