[Gdal-dev] missing/wrong compiler option in nmake.opt

Oscar ter Hofstede oscar at geovirtual.es
Wed May 4 10:09:45 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to build a debug version of my application with the latest
version of GDAL (1.2.6), including MrSid and ECW support.

I need to build with the debug run-time libraries (by specifying the option
/MDd), since some other libraries I use are using debug functions that are
only defined there (CrtDbgReport). However, if I build both my application
and GDAL with the /MDd option, the application crashes in GDALClose() when
closing a MrSid or ECW dataset.

Has this something to do with the MrSid and ECW libraries not being compiled
with /MDd? I downloaded the latest versions of their libraries from their
websites last week. Is there a solution to this problem?

Cheers,

Oscar.