[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr: Problem with new layer type multilinestring

Möri Cédric Cedric.Moeri at bd.so.ch
Wed May 18 09:49:17 EDT 2005

Hi list

I have a shapefile containing linestrings (polyline) and multilinestrings
(multi-polyline) that I'm trying to put into a PostGIS-DB using ogr2ogr.

The problem is, that it always violates the check constraint geometry type.
If I try it without the -nlt option, the geometry column is "linestring"
and, of course, the multilinestring-objects violate the constraint. If I put
the -nlt option to "multilinestring" the linestring objects violate the
constraint too.

I thought, that, if the -nlt option is set to mulitlinestring, it forces a
conversion of linestring objects to multilinestrings as it does it with
polygons/multipolygons.

Am I wrong or whatelse may be the issue?

I am using ogr2ogr version 1.2.5.

regards
mit freundlichen Grüssen

Cédric Möri