[Gdal-dev] WKT files out of date?

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Wed May 18 17:05:24 EDT 2005

I was working with some gdal code and ran into an issue that the epsg
code 3005 (BC Albers) isn't in the ogr .wkt files and thus my
OGRSpatialReference code wasn't working as I expected... AFAICT, it's in
the latest proj.4 epsg file, but not in the gdal cvs .wkt files. I'm
surprised it's missing from gdal/ogr... actually, I thought gdal/ogr
used the proj definition file, until I stated investigating this and
found otherwise.

I only know about 3005 because it's a relatively new standard to my
knowledge (should replace 42102 which was previously in common use for
BC Albers) - so there may be others. Frank, don't you have these
generated from the same source files or something?

Anyways, I know I can just add it in to my files myself, but I wanted to
let you know.

Chris