[Gdal-dev] proj coordinate conversions give different results than they gave a few months ago

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Fri May 20 16:56:51 EDT 2005

I have just resynched my gdal and proj sources from CVS. My gdal source was
a couple of months old, but my proj was much older (it was from the old
repository location).

I have some locations (in a VTP model) stored as WGS84 lat long. These were
stored using my old build of gdal. When VTP converts these back into Bitish
National Grid (OSGB 36) they are now offset by 60 or 70 metres.

The conversions are done by OGRCreateCoordinateTransformation.

Does anyone know of any reason why this difference has appeared?

I also checked the conversions using GridInquest and this confirms that the
wrong values are being returned(of course this does not tell me if the input
values where wrong in the first place!).

I have looked at the code and it does not look like anything has changed.

Help!

Roger