[Gdal-dev] Contouring that outputs polygons?

Simpson asimpson at i-55.com
Tue May 24 15:33:34 EDT 2005

I think the vertices of the linestring are drawn through the center of the
pixels on the perimeter of areas of like colored pixels.  In my limited
experience, if the area you are contouring is a straight line of 2 or more
pixels, it is difficult to convert to a polygon.  The buffer function
(available in Postgis) may do it, but I think you'd end up with a larger
representation of the original.

Drew.