[Gdal-dev] Re: How to separate OGR from GDAL

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon May 30 16:54:25 EDT 2005

Alessandro Amici napisał(a):
> Alle 12:03, lunedì 30 maggio 2005, Mateusz Łoskot ha scritto:
>
>>Could anyone advise me how to separate OGR from GDAL
>>in order to get only OGR functionality?
>>What components do I need from GDAL?
>>Is it possible?
>
> as far as i know it is not intended to be possible (at least as a
> configuration option).
> [...]
>
> if you only need ogr functionality and have size constrains i would
> advise you to try and disable some gdal drivers first.

I'll try it. But there isn't any important size constraint of the
library, of course it is recommended to have small DLL, but it is not
required.
I need only OGR functionality on Windows CE (Mobile) so it could be
easier to port the code when I have OGR sources separated.
But I understand it isn't easy job.
Greets

--
Mateusz Łoskot