[Gdal-dev] Re: Building GDAL with eVC++ 4.0

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue May 31 05:48:41 EDT 2005

Andrey Kiselev napisał(a):

>> Guards are the special preprocessor definitions used to enable/disable
>> compilation of the various program blocks. For example, look at the
>> cpl_port.h module, it contains constructions like
>>
>> #ifdef HAVE_LOCALE_H
>> #  include <locale.h>
>> #endif

Certainly, I know that technique but the name "guard" strange for me.

>> HAVE_LOCALE_H guard is defined in the cpl_config.h file.
> We can define a
>> symbol for Embedded VC in nmake.opt and use it
> as a guard in the various
>> modules to include the right headers. The first candidates are
>> cpl_port.h and cpl_vsisimple.cpp.
>> That symbol will be manually enabled
>> in nmake.opt when appropriate.

evc++ supports nmake build system. Certainly, there are some features
in "big" Windows (and "big" namke system) not supported byt Pocket PC
SDK. I've created makefile.evc and I'm trying to go with this but it is
not enough solution. So, I will try to work with nmake.opt and other
files you are talking about. Today I will dig into this job.

Thank you for your help.

--
Mateusz Łoskot, mateusz (at) loskot (dot) net
Registered Linux User #220771, Debian (Sarge)