[Gdal-dev] Re: Building GDAL with eVC++ 4.0

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Tue May 31 15:00:13 EDT 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 11:48:41AM +0200, Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
> >> #ifdef HAVE_LOCALE_H
> >> #  include <locale.h>
> >> #endif
>
> Certainly, I know that technique but the name "guard" strange for me.

I didn't read original K&R (i.e. in English), and do not know how they
call this technique, but Stroustrup uses the term "include guards".

> evc++ supports nmake build system. Certainly, there are some features
> in "big" Windows (and "big" namke system) not supported byt Pocket PC
> SDK. I've created makefile.evc and I'm trying to go with this but it
> is not enough solution. So, I will try to work with nmake.opt and
> other files you are talking about. Today I will dig into this job.

Once I tried to build libtiff using eVC. I do not remember details, but a
mess with headers was the main problem. I haven't forced enough to
commit the stuff into libtiff CVS, so all of that remains outside of the
main tree. I do not think there will be a big hassle to port GDAL to
eVC.

As a first step you should write your own cpl_config.h.evc, because
cpl_config.h.vc is not suitable for that compiler. Also conditional
compilation in cpl_vsisimple.cpp and cpl_port.h should be corrected (to
isolate fcntl.h, for example).

Regards,
Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5970603  ICQ# 26871517