[Gdal-dev] gdal 1.3.1 and Terra ASTER hdf files

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Nov 3 19:29:04 EST 2005

I work with the GRASS GIS project and haven¹t been able to import and
georeference Terra ASTER hdf files since gdal version 1.2.6. I recently
compiled and installed the most recent 1.3.1 (as of last week) and it still
produces errors (see below). As an update, I just tried r.in.gdal from GRASS
6.1 cvs and it will not import the ASTER files either. First it did not
recognize the projection, so I set the override projection flag. Then it
won¹t recognize a band number or import all bands (default).

So, back to my original question, what has changed since 1.2.6 that keeps me
from importing ASTER¹s? Could this be fixed?

Thanks much
Michael Barton

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402