[Gdal-dev] gdal --with-grass cannot find installed grass library

Bruce Bill tzhai2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 07:10:24 EST 2005

Hi, dear group,
  I am down to the last step in the cyclic install of
grass-gdal. I am recompiling gdal --with-grass, but no
matter what I try, it just keeps saying no libraries
are found!
  I don't have system admin privil, so I installed
grass6.0.1 on a local account on this platform:
Machine hardware:   sun4u
OS version:         5.9
Processor type:     sparc
Hardware:           SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440

  the installed directory is
grass-6.0.1/dist.sparc-sun-solaris2.9/
  under my account root, with all the bin, lib,
include etc in there, but no matter what I set that
--with-grass flag to, it always just ends with:

so-and-so-directory is requested, but libraries not
found!

  What's the problem here? Please help.
  Thanks a million.