[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr and MapInfo

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 10 10:58:17 EST 2005

On 11/10/05, Fischer, Andreas <andreas.fischer at kreis-unna.de> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
> thanks for continue talking about this problem!
> Yes, that's right. Dropping the Bounds-Clause in the MIF-File "only"
> improves the precision of the imported data (the MapInfo-Relation).

Andreas,

OK, perhaps my "only" was a bit off, it's just that at first I thought
things were completely broken.

> So a layer creation option to disable the bounds would solve this problem
> :-)

OK, could you file this request in the MITAB bugzilla.  I
am hoping from some feedback from Daniel before the change
is implemented.

  http://bugzilla.maptools.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=MITAB

You should assign it directly to my email address or at least add me
to the cc list so I see it.