[Gdal-dev] Compilation problems

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 10 15:35:30 EST 2005

On 11/10/05, Jonathan Greenberg <jgreenberg at arc.nasa.gov> wrote:
> I can't seem to get gdal 1.3.1 compiled on macos x:
>
> /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ChangeLog LICENSE NEWS
> /sw/src/fink.build/root-gdal-1.3.1-1/sw/share/doc/gdal/
> install: LICENSE: No such file or directory
> ### execution of /usr/bin/install failed, exit code 71
> Removing build lock...
> /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-gdal-1.3.1-1
> (Reading database ... 73237 files and directories currently installed.)
> Removing fink-buildlock-gdal-1.3.1-1 ...
> Failed: phase installing: gdal-1.3.1-1 failed

Jonathan,

GDAL doesn't normally ship with a LICENSE file.  I suspect
the fink package maintainers did something wonky in this
regard and that is what is failing for you.   I don't think it
really is something us upstream folks could help with.

Perhaps you could add an empty LICENSE file in the original
source tar file fink builds from?