[Gdal-dev] Gdal compilation problems in Solaris 8

Juan Mari Celihueta jmcm at euskalnet.net
Fri Nov 11 09:25:17 EST 2005

Hi all:

I'm triyng to compile gdal 1.3.1 in Solaris 8 but I get an error in the
make process. I use GNU Make 3.80 and that is the process I follow:

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
$ ./configure --with-png=internal --with-jpeg=internal
--with-geotiff=internal --with-libtiff=internal

That's ok, then I execute the make process:

$ make

and after several minutes of compilation process I get the next error
message:

ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libgdal.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home1/MAPSERVER/gdal-1.3.1'
make: *** [check-lib] Error 2

I would be very glad if someone could help me.

Thanks.

Juan M.