[Gdal-dev] shifted objects in shapefiles

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Tue Nov 15 12:06:14 EST 2005

Bart -

Sean and I are both distinguishing between editing of the shapefiles (as
MapObjects would do) and editing of the .dbf files (which you could do
in Excel, or any low-end database program).  A shapefile editor is less
likely to do strange things.

If you have the same number of records, then there must be another
problem at the other end.  If I read your description right, the
attributes in the first record of the .dbf file should go with the
second record in the .shx/.shp file.  If that's the case, and the number
of records is the same, then the last record in the .dbf file shouldn't
have any .shx record to match it.  What's in the last record?

     - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.