[Gdal-dev] Oracle-bindings

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Wed Nov 16 07:51:53 EST 2005

Dear List,

I am trying to force OGR to read layer-information out of
oracle-spatial on a remote maschine.
With reference to the oracle-specific site[1] I tried the given example
and adopted to my needs, but it did not work.

ogrinfo -ro OCI:user/pw at 192.168.1.199
Unable to open datasource `OCI' with the following drivers.
[...]

which gave me an error. When I am on the localhost-maschine, where
oracle is installed, everything works nicely and I get the list of
layers.

Since I am no oracle-guru (first installation) I am wondering if I need
to configure oracle to accept conncetions from within the internal
network and from other maschines. Perhaps someone can give me a hint
where to look at.

TIA for any pointers.

Best
	Stephan