[Gdal-dev] SOLVED: Oracle-bindings

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Fri Nov 18 05:29:17 EST 2005

Hello Ethan, all,

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:11:53 -0700 "Ethan Alpert"
<ealpert at digitalglobe.com> wrote:

> I don't know maybe you can check the configure output. If it needed
> more libs you'd think it wouldn't have compiled or ldd would've had a
> (not found) next to a library in the list of libs linked in.

I copied the whole folder of the instant client again and now,
everything is working... strange. The libs were exactly the same.

So when compiling the bindings, the standard-client with the
header-files is needed.

When using the resulting binary-package at another maschine, the
instant-client-libs are sufficient, as long as the whole folder is used
and the appropriate tnsnames.ora is exported in TNS_ADMIN.

Sorry for any confusion.

Best
	Stephan