[Gdal-dev] WKB

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Mon Nov 21 05:21:51 EST 2005

Okay, I am one step further, it seemed to be caused by the wrong case in the F_TABLE_NAME and G_TABLE_NAME fields.

But now ogrinfo does not report any geometries, it just reports the attributes from the  F_TABLE_NAME table.Why is this?

C:\Programs\FWTools0.9.9>ogrinfo ODBC:synfonie/synfonie at tatukgistest BIS_LOC_FEA  -summary
INFO: Open of `ODBC:synfonie/synfonie at tatukgistest'
using driver `ODBC' successful.

Layer name: BIS_LOC_FEA
Geometry: Unknown (any)
Feature Count: 3444
Layer SRS WKT:
(unknown)
LOC_CODE: String (11.0)
XCOORD: Real (9.0)
YCOORD: Real (9.0)
TAB_LABEL: String (5.0)

OGRFeature(BIS_LOC_FEA):508
  LOC_CODE (String) = AA060700163
  XCOORD (Real) =     78898
  YCOORD (Real) =    444712
  TAB_LABEL (String) = (null)

OGRFeature(BIS_LOC_FEA):509
  LOC_CODE (String) = AA060700165
  XCOORD (Real) =     78720
  YCOORD (Real) =    444737
  TAB_LABEL (String) = (null)

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> "Bart van den Eijnden" <BEN at syncera-itsolutions.nl> 11/21/2005 10:43 AM >>>
Hi list,

I am trying to connect OGR through ODBC to a WKB database. The WKB database was created using TatukGIS (www.tatukgis.com).

I am getting the following error back from OGR:

C:\Programs\FWTools0.9.9>ogrinfo ODBC:synfonie/synfonie at tatukgistest
ERROR 1: No column definitions found for table 'bis_loc_FEA', layer not usable.
INFO: Open of `ODBC:synfonie/synfonie at tatukgistest'
using driver `ODBC' successful.

This is the record in the GEOMETRY_COLUMNS table (in XML format):

<main>
  <DATA_RECORD>
    <F_TABLE_NAME>bis_loc_FEA</F_TABLE_NAME>
    <F_GEOMETRY_COLUMN>GID</F_GEOMETRY_COLUMN>
    <G_TABLE_NAME>bis_loc</G_TABLE_NAME>
    <STORAGE_TYPE>1</STORAGE_TYPE>
    <GEOMETRY_TYPE>11</GEOMETRY_TYPE>
    <COORD_DIMENSION>2</COORD_DIMENSION>
    <MAX_PPR>0</MAX_PPR>
    <SRID>1</SRID>
  </DATA_RECORD>
</main>

The tables are defined as:

CREATE TABLE BIS_LOC
(
  GID           NUMBER(9)                       NOT NULL,
  XMIN          FLOAT(126),
  YMIN          FLOAT(126),
  XMAX          FLOAT(126),
  YMAX          FLOAT(126),
  WKB_GEOMETRY  BLOB
)

CREATE TABLE BIS_LOC_FEA
(
  GID        NUMBER(9)                          NOT NULL,
  LOC_CODE   VARCHAR2(11 BYTE),
  XCOORD     NUMBER(9),
  YCOORD     NUMBER(9),
  TAB_LABEL  VARCHAR2(5 BYTE)
)

What could be the problem? Thanks in advance. It seems TatukGIS does not write SRS info, but that does not seem to be the cause of the above error.