[Gdal-dev] ECW build questions on Windows

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 22 15:25:40 EST 2005

Hi there,

  To build gdal with ECW on windows, I tried to use the sdk windows
binaries provided at ermapper. The problem I had was that the sdk
provided does not have all the header files necessary to build with gdal
(I was missing to start with NCSJP2File.h).  These header files are
available if I download a package with the source code. The "anoying"
thing is that the package of source code and the pacage of binaries are
not the same version (at least I could not locate one on the ain
download page).
  My question is that how do people usually do this on wondows ? Is the
only choice builing the package locally ?

Thanks

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca