[Gdal-dev] SDE Implementation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 25 15:26:40 EST 2005

On 11/25/05, Yewondwossen Assefa <assefa at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
>   This info maybe of interest to the list.
>

>   Are the capabilities more or less similar between the mapserver
> implemenation and the OGR one ?

Assefa,

The capabilities are similar to the direct SDE support in
MapServer.  I can't currently think of any significant
advantage to using SDE through OGR instead of SDE
directly in MapServer.   I would add the mapsde.c
code was a very useful guide to me in my implementation.

The OGR SDE support is mostly useful in the context of
translating to ther formats, or other OGR based applications.