[Gdal-dev] GDAL changes affecting GRASS?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Nov 30 12:50:51 EST 2005

I can hack configure, but I've never messed around with the autotools
stuff (configure.in I guess).

It _looks_ like, to me, in configure.in, it should be something like
this: remove -L$with_geotiff/lib from AC_CHECK_LIB on line 553 (the
check for geotiff in default locations) and add it to AC_CHECK_LIB on
line 575.

Another oddity: after it finds the user-specified geotiff, it does an
additional check for libgeotiff.a in the same location and without
the /lib added to it.  But without the /lib should never succeed,
should it, since it already found it in /lib?

   if test -r $with_geotiff/libgeotiff.a ; then
     LIBS="-L$with_geotiff -lgeotiff $LIBS"
     EXTRA_INCLUDES="-I$with_geotiff $EXTRA_INCLUDES"
   else
     LIBS="-L$with_geotiff/lib -lgeotiff $LIBS"
     EXTRA_INCLUDES="-I$with_geotiff/include $EXTRA_INCLUDES"
   fi

should be simply:

?

On Nov 30, 2005, at 11:07 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> On 11/30/05, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>> Looking at the configure logic for geotiff, it seems to be
>> backwards.  What I see (generalized, ignoring the internal tests):
>>
>> if with=yes [which means look for geotiff in default locations]
>>    test for geotiff using the 'with' value for -L + current LIBS
>>    (LIBS="-lgeotiff -L$with_geotiff/lib $LIBS)
>> else [look for it in user pecified location]
>>    test for goetiff using default locations + current LIBS
>>    (LIBS="-lgeotiff $LIBS)
>
> William,
>
> I believe you are correct.  Can you turn this into a
> proposed patch to fix the problem?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan