[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.3.1 Alpha 2 Released

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Sat Oct 1 08:59:36 EDT 2005

Martin Spott kirjoitti:

>Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>

>>Yes, surely the fastest release turn around in GDAL history.
>>

>I like it, because it compiles on Solaris without hassle - while 1.3.0
>didn't. As far as I realized there is no test suite or sort of that. Do
>you want me to run certain commands to test for compatibility ?

Frank has his tests in Python I've been told, but there is also a quite
good test suite of a subset of  the capabilities of gdal in swig/perl,
if I may say so. It requires that gdal itself is installed but it
doesn't require that you've installed the Perl API. Say cd swig/perl;
make; make -f Makefile_gdal test. It should report around 20 "unexpected
failures", which are not that unexpected actually. I'd like to know
what's your result running that test.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics