[Gdal-dev] building gdal with ECW support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 6 10:23:41 EDT 2005

On 10/5/05, frequens <frequens at gmail.com> wrote:
> I (think) I have successfully built the ECW (libecwj2_2005-06-11_v3-2beta)
> on my Linux Suse 64 system.
>  It has built the static .a and shared  .so files in the lib directory.
>
>  The make and make install of gdal fails however always complaining not
> finding:
>
>  "In file included from ecwdataset.cpp:150:
>  vsiiostream.h:76:26: NCSECWClient.h: No such file or directory
>  vsiiostream.h:77:34: NCSECWCompressClient.h: No such file or directory
>  vsiiostream.h:78:23: NCSErrors.h: No such file or directory
>  vsiiostream.h:79:21: NCSFile.h: No such file or directory
>  vsiiostream.h:80:24: NCSJP2File.h: No such file or directory
>  vsiiostream.h:81:28: NCSJP2FileView.h: No such file or directory"
>
>  All these files are located in /usr/local/Source/include directory.

Frequens,

I think the include files need to be in /usr/local/include.  I think
the issue is that some include files were not normally considered
public but are needed by GDAL.  As a workaround I would
suggest copying /usr/local/Source/include/* to /usr/local/include.
Did you unpack your ECW SDK right in /usr/local?  That seems
pretty messy.