[Gdal-dev] Linking Code That Uses MITAB with the GDAL .lib file

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 6 10:38:13 EDT 2005

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Looking at mitab.h, it does not seem that Daniel marked the
> MITAB custom classes for export from the DLL.  It might be
> sufficient to change your local copy of mitab.h to declare
> some (all?) of the classes for export.

Frank,

I have no objection to this change from the MITAB point of view, but is
it generally a good thing for libs included in GDAL/OGR to expose that
many symbols? Is this not kind of polluting the GDAL DLL interface?

> If this resolves the problem, then you might want to submit a
> bug against MITAB suggesting that this be incorporated back
> into the core.

FYI, I am planning a new MITAB release in the next week or two, so if
this works and you submit your MITAB bug report in time then I'll make
sure this change makes it in the release.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca