[Gdal-dev] building with the PHP

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Thu Oct 6 10:45:46 EDT 2005

Frequens,

There appears to be some serious problems with the build of the ogr and
osr modules.  I was unable to repair them in time.  However, the gdal
module should be some what functional.  If you are interested in only
those, then you should go into swig/php and hack up the makefile to
build & install only the gdal module.

Here's a rough idea of what you could do:

edit swig/php/GNUMakefile change "build: ${all_libs}"  to "build:
php_gdal.so"

That should compile the php_gdal.so extension.  Then either mv this to
your system php extension directory or run php with

-d extension_dir=<path to this file>

Kevin