[Gdal-dev] Possible bug in getGeometryType() version 1.3.0

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Mon Oct 10 17:03:27 EDT 2005

On Oct 10, 2005, at 2:48 PM, Chapman, Martin wrote:

> Frank,
>
> When I call pOgrGeometry->getGeometryType(); in version 1.3.0 it
> returns the wrong value (basically an unsigned int value) for esri
> shape files that contain point geometry.  Polygons and LineStrings
> work as expected.  Can you confirm that this is a bug?  This is on
> Windows XP, haven’t tried it on Linux yet, but I will shortly.
>
> Best regards,
> Martin

Martin,

I ran into something like this last night on Linux. The data were
points digitized using QGis 0.7. Ogrinfo reported this shapefile as
containing 3D points, and getGeometryType returned an invalid value. I
used ogr2ogr with -nlt POINT to coerce these into "normal" points with
GeometryType 1.

Sean

--
Sean Gillies