[Gdal-dev] DGN format and projection support

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Oct 18 14:43:54 EDT 2005

Jeff, Frank,

  Last I heard (8 years ago!), Intergraph had no plans to publish format or
provide an open/free API to the coordinate system definition MGE/GeoMedia
apps store in the type 56 element of the DGN file.  But times change; maybe
they're open to the idea these days...

  And I doubt if the type 56 element is read by any Bentley Systems products
(including Microstation).

  Jeff, which application are you planning to use with the DGN files?

Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc.
Calgary, Alberta