[Fwd: Re: [Gdal-dev] ECW not building in]

Marco Vieira marco_vieira at uk2.net
Tue Oct 18 14:53:25 EDT 2005

Armin:
  Can you post the SDK 3.3 beta download link? The ERMapper website only
point to 3.2v.
(http://www.ermapper.com/downloads/download_view.aspx?PRODUCT_VERSION_ID=276)
Thanks.

Marco Vieira.
Fone:    + 55 21 9499-6800
marco_vieira at uk2.net

> Charlton
>
> I don't know if that's an option for you, but I asked the ER Mapper
development support and got the download link for the SDK 3.3 beta. It
just compiled under Linux without any modification using configure -
make - make install. In GDAL I used --with-ecw=/usr/local   and
> everything worked fine.
>
> Also all problems we had with some datasets and an older ECW version
seem to have disappeared and the speed looks quite good. Mapserver
processes a 3 GB ECW on a 3GHz Pentium in about 1 s or less, independend
of the scale level. So I think the latest beta is worth trying it.

> Armin
>
> Charlton Purvis wrote:
>> Hi, Frank and everyone:
>>
>> I followed a post you made earlier, Frank
>> (http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2005-June/005949.html) to
build ECW as a supported GDAL format.  Many thanks for those pointers;
otherwise, I would never have gotten this far.  Everything built fine,
but