[Gdal-dev] INTERLEAVE information of a read GeoTigff dataset

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 19 10:53:57 EDT 2005

On 10/19/05, Stephane Routelous <route at cae.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I checked the code, but I cannot find a way to get the INTERLEAVE metadata
> once the dataset is opened.
> It works when I set in when creating a new dataset, but I tried:
>
>   GDALDataset* m_gdalDataSet = (GDALDataset *) GDALOpen(
> (char*)filename.c_str(), GA_ReadOnly );
>  const char* interleaveStr =
> m_gdalDataSet->GetMetaDataItem("INTERLEAVE");
>
> and nothing gives access to the "nPlanarConfig" field of the GTiffDataSet

Stephane,

Currently there is no way of querying a TIFF file from the GDAL
API to find out the interleaving mode.  Is there some reason you
need to do this?

Generally speaking I do not try to expose image organization
information through GDAL's metadata facilities as the application
shouldn't need to be aware of it.