[Gdal-dev] Raster Attribute Table Status

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 20 20:11:47 EDT 2005

On 10/19/05, Denham Robert <Robert.Denham at nrm.qld.gov.au> wrote:
> I was just wondering about the status of the GDALRasterAttributeTable
> class, particularly its support for the HFA (Imagine) format.  I had a
> play with gdal 1.3.1 and managed to access the table and create a new
> one but couldn't save the table into the rasterband, since setting the
> table doesn't seem to be implemented for this format (I get the message
> ERROR 6: SetDefaultRAT() not implemented for this format.)
>
> Is anyone working on this?  Is this likely to change in the short-medium
> term?
>
> We also noticed a couple of typos in gdal.h that prevented the use of a
> couple of functions such as  GDALRATSetValueAsString(). I can submit a
> bug report if you like.

Robert,

Patches for these bugs is welcome.

Currently GDALRasterAttributeTables can be read from
imagine format, and read/saved in XML (.aux.xml) format
when "pam" support is enabled.

It does seem natural to implement write support for imagine
format, but this wasn't a pressing issue for the project things
were initially implemented for.   I can't give any real timeline
for further work on this area.  Well, I will try and incorporate
any fixes you provide quickly of course.