[Gdal-dev] Question about Gauss-Kruger projection

lky moon_inwell at 163.com
Thu Oct 27 21:54:18 EDT 2005

Hello, everyone

I'm a new learner of gdal that I find that gdal open source can't support the Gauss-Kruger projection.Some friends tell me that I can use UTM(Universal Transverse Mercator) to replace the Gauss-Kruger. But I am not sure of this.

My questions are

1.How to use Gauss-Kruger projection by gdal open source?

2.Can the UTM project replace Gauss-Kruger projection? If it can, which is the difference between them and which I should pay attention to in program?

Thanks a lot.

yours
Kunyang Li