[Gdal-dev] Re: [FWTools] gdal_merge.bat

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Fri Oct 28 11:59:02 EDT 2005

Travis Kirstine GIS Tech wrote:
> Is it possible to create multiple outputs with the gdal_merge.bat.  I've
> been creating a batch file and running it in the FWTool shell without much
> success e.g.
>
> my_merge.bat
>
> gdal_merge.bat -o out_1.tif -of GTiff in_1.tif in_2.tif in_3.tif
> gdal_merge.bat -o out_2.tif -of GTiff in_3.tif in_4.tif in_5.tif
>
> This process works but only creates the out_1.tif.

Hi Travis, I think you've encountered the same problem I just finally
solved yesterday. On Windows gdal_merge needs to be CALL'd else the
control doesn't return to the original batch file:

@echo off
:: My_Merge.bat
CALL gdal_merge.bat -o out_1.tif -of GTiff in_1.tif in_2.tif in_3.tif
CALL gdal_merge.bat -o out_2.tif -of GTiff in_3.tif in_4.tif in_5.tif
echo --- Done!

cheers,

--
matt wilkie