[Gdal-dev] MapInfo Text Features in OGR

Bob Cave rlcave3rd at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 15:15:29 EST 2005

Hello,

I am writing a program to load and display vector
files using OGR.  For my initial testing, I am using
MapInfo TAB files as input.  TAB files can include a
text feature element.  How are those represented in
OGR?  I've noticed that the OGRFeature object
associated with the text feature contains a point
geometry, which makes sense as the location, but where
is the text and other descriptive  information (font,
alignment, etc.)?  The style string pointer is null.

Cheers,

Bob