[Gdal-dev] Bogus OGRSpatialReference should cause error, right?

Ben Discoe ben at vterrain.org
Mon Sep 5 05:23:01 EDT 2005

I spent a bit of time this evening tracking down a problem with
OGRSpatialReference objects.  It turns out that
OGRCreateCoordinateTransformation will accept them even when they contain no
CRS at all, i.e. poRoot=NULL.  It would have shortened my debugging time if
OGRCreateCoordinateTransformation had returned an error and refused to
transform.  Instead, it returns a bogus transform which gives strange
results.

-Ben