[Gdal-dev] Importing VMAP0 into PostGIS database;

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Mon Sep 5 16:54:09 EDT 2005

Hello, I wrote:

> I made a small test by importing three layers, first without trailing
> dots and a second time with dots. I compared the database dumps of both
> and they don't even differ by a single character,

Now I'm facing different trouble. Importing VMAP0 data into the
PostGIS-DB with 'ogr2ogr' from GDAL-1.2.6 works excellent - in most
cases, but in some cases it completely fails. Some chunks of data are
simply missing.
I'm quite confused because I evaluated the returncode of 'ogr2ogr'
after each run and I always got a "0". Apparently the method of
checking the returncode is not an appropriate measure to verify the
succes of 'ogr2ogr'. Can anyone suggest an alternative method except
the one that consist of a visual check of every chunk that got
transferred by 'ogr2ogr' ?

Thanks,
	Martin.