[Gdal-dev] Windows CE port of GDAL - work started

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 16 09:23:11 EDT 2005

On 9/16/05, Mateusz Łoskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to announce that I started to port GDAL/OGR to Windows CE.

Mateusz,

I am quite pleased that you will be doing this work on a wince port.
Is there a simple macro we will always define to know we are on
the wince platform?  I was thinking perhaps that we would
define WIN32 (as we do now on normal windows builds) and the
WINCE macro.  So any special cases for wince could be #ifdef'ed
accordingly.

I will provide CVS commit access but I shall try to produce a
GDAL 1.3.1 release in the next week or so, before we start
committing WinCE related changes.   There are some important
new features and bug fixes I would like to get out before we
potentially destabilize things again.