[Gdal-dev] OGRGeometry::Distance

Howard Butler hobu at iastate.edu
Sun Sep 18 13:54:02 EDT 2005

Matthew,

It is just an oversight that the Python OGR.Geometry.Distance
function is not implemented in ogr.py.  It *is* in the wrapper
though.  Here is what I do to get a Distance function.  I usually put
it after all of my imports at the top.

try:
     ogr.Geometry.Distance
except AttributeError:
     def Distance(self, other):
         dist = _gdal.OGR_G_Distance(self._o, other._o);
         return dist
     ogr.Geometry.Distance = Distance

Howard