[Gdal-dev] OGRGeometry::Distance

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 19:28:50 EDT 2005

Frank, Howard and Schuyler and all,

On 9/18/05, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid the Distance method didn't make it into the OGR Python bindings

Thanks for your all your suggestions. I added the Distance function to
ogr.py as Frank suggested. The try/except block suggested by Howard is a
really good idea since it will ensure backwards compatibility.

So as I was going through the methods of the Geometry class, I noticed that
there were a bunch of them (GetPointCount, GetX, GetY, GetZ, SetPoint,
AddPoint, more?) that aren't documented in the official OGRGeometry docs.
Are the python bindings that significantly different than the C++ methods?
If so, It might be worth considering using a tool like epydoc to create
GDAL/OGR documentation specifically for python. I'd be willing to head this
up if there were significant interest in doing so.

--
Matt Perry
perrygeo at gmail.com
http://www.perrygeo.net