[Gdal-dev] building MrSID SDK on Linux

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 20 14:19:22 EDT 2005

On 9/20/05, Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> can anybody share any of their experiences with building GDAL against a MrSID SDK on Linux (Red Hat Enterprise 3). Is it difficult, does it take a lot of time?
>
> Is it true that GDAL has to be compiled with the same g++/gcc version as the MrSID SDK library? We are using
> gcc/g++ 3.2.3-24.

Bart,

I am pretty sure there is a 3.2.3 compatible version of
the DSDK posted on the develop.lizardtech.com web site.
But yes, you do need a gcc for the same version of gcc
as you are using, at least roughly.  to some extent (as
Bill has noted before) you can work around some difference
by linking in more than one c++ support library but that gets
messy.