[Gdal-dev] Access window out of range

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 10:17:20 EDT 2005

Using gdalwarp to patch one tiff into another tiif, I am getting a lot
of errors like:
  ERROR 5: Access window out of range in RasterIO().  Requested
    (0,13398) of size 0x0 on raster of 12900x12120.
Searching the list I found a few referrences to "Access window out of
range" errors, but I could not get a sense of where to start looking
to isoltae the problem. It seems to related to the use of:
  -srcalpha
I am trying to use an alhpa channel to mask nodata areas.
If I patch an rgb image into an rgb image it's okay.
If I patch an rgba into an rgba, it's okay, but the aplha channel is ignored.
If I patch an rgba into an rgba using -srcalpha I get " Access window
out of range".

Any insight?

Thanks,
Rich