[Gdal-dev] Access window out of range

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 14:35:34 EDT 2005

On 9/27/05, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> On 9/27/05, Richard Greenwood <richard.greenwood at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Using gdalwarp to patch one tiff into another tiif, I am getting a lot
> > of errors like:
> >   ERROR 5: Access window out of range in RasterIO().  Requested
> >     (0,13398) of size 0x0 on raster of 12900x12120.
> > Searching the list I found a few referrences to "Access window out of
> > range" errors, but I could not get a sense of where to start looking
> > to isoltae the problem. It seems to related to the use of:
> >   -srcalpha
> > I am trying to use an alhpa channel to mask nodata areas.
> > If I patch an rgb image into an rgb image it's okay.
> > If I patch an rgba into an rgba, it's okay, but the aplha channel is ignored.
> > If I patch an rgba into an rgba using -srcalpha I get " Access window
> > out of range".
>
> Rich,
>
> What resampling kernel are you using?

I do not know. I am not familiar with the resampling kernel, how would
I determine what I am using? I am working strictly with TIFFs. And the
error does seem dependent on cell size. For example: I can patch a 1
foot/pixel image into a 1 meter/pixel image without error. However if
I use gdal_translate to convert the destination image from 1
meter/pixel to 1 foot/pixel, then it fails.

> What version of GDAL?

Primarily 1.3.0.0b1 from FWTools 0.9.9. I also did a bit of testing
with GDAL 1.25 with same errors. Just installed FWTools 1.0.0a1, same
errors.

> If it still happens there, then I would appreciate a bug report with data to
> demonstrate.

I'll work on that, unfortunately the imagery is quite large so I would
like to isolate it a little on my end if possible.

As always, thank you very much for your help and prompt reply.

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com