[Gdal-dev] DISOWN in ogr.i

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Thu Apr 6 16:46:13 EDT 2006

There has been three warnings on *DISOWN when generating the Perl
bindings. These have come from swig/include/ogr.i. As I understand
swig/Perl does not use *DISOWN, so I commented them out for Perl. In two
cases my solution for Perl is to use %perlcode and wrap
SetGeometryDirectly and AddGeometryDirectly so that they call Perl
DISOWN method before the actual method (a hackish solution, I admit).

The third case is the ExecuteSQL, ReleaseResultSet pair. If I understand
correctly, these should always be called in pairs, so the %newobject and
*DISOWN in fact cancel each other. I now removed both for Perl, but I
think they could be removed for all languages?

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics