[Gdal-dev] need RTTI for OGR (Windows)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 7 10:03:29 EDT 2006

EllenD wrote:
> I didn't use the /GX option in my code. I tryed it now, but I still get the
> error.

Ellen,

OK, it was a long shot.

> I don't understand what you mean with "problems related to using it across
> the DLL boundaries". I link my applications against the gdal_i.lib which
> calls the gdal131.dll....

You are trying to do dynamic casting on a class implemented in gdal131.dll
from your application code.  So, we could say the dynamic casting is
happening cross the boundary between the gdal131.dll and your application.
DLLs on windows do all sorts of magic thunking in an attempt to make it
seem like everything is working normally but in reality there is a whole
layer of proxying for everything, DLLs often have their own heap and
other runtime resources.

I'm not saying the problem does have to do with this, but it seems plausible
since dynamic casting seems to work ok for me internally.

Of course, I could easily be on entirely the wrong track.

I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions.