[Gdal-dev] problem in gdal-1.3.1 - FC4

abhay menon abhay.menon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 01:20:47 EDT 2006

Hello List,

I am facing a problem in gdal-1.3.1 in Linux FC4 it is unable to understand
AAIGrid/Arc/Info ASCII Grid Raster file which is of size greater than or
equal to 2gb.

I had compiled the code in  linux with following way.

with standard steps.
# ./configure
# make
# make install
when I try to use gdalinfo to view the details about the dataset greater
than 2 gb it fails.

*"ERROR 4: `/root/spearfish60/PERMANENT/cell/aoim.asc' not recognised as a
supported file format.*

*GDALOpen failed - 4
`/root/spearfish60/PERMANENT/cell/aoim.asc' not recognised as a supported
file format."
*

Where as the file which less than 2gb of the same format is able give the
desired output.

*Driver: AAIGrid/Arc/Info ASCII Grid
Size is 15215, 13593
Coordinate System is `'
Origin = (4170300.000000,3373325.000000)
Pixel Size = (25.00000000,-25.00000000)
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  ( 4170300.000, 3373325.000)
Lower Left  ( 4170300.000, 3033500.000)
Upper Right ( 4550675.000, 3373325.000)
Lower Right ( 4550675.000, 3033500.000)
Center      ( 4360487.500, 3203412.500)
Band 1 Block=15215x1 Type=Int16, ColorInterp=Undefined
  NoData Value=-9999*

I am trying to compile gdal-1.3.1 code for the same, is there any additional
library to be linked so that gdal support AAIGrid/Arc/Info ASCII Grid
Raster file >=2gb.

Also, when I installed FWTool for the same the it work for >=2gb size. but
since I need to compile this code for adding some more file support. I am
unable to do so..

Please let me know if there is something I missed while compilation of the
code.

--
Best Regrads

Abhay Menon