AW: AW: [Gdal-dev] Building 1.3.1 on Solaris 9 SPARC

Christian Schaffer christian.schaffer at muenchen.de
Mon Apr 24 06:01:00 EDT 2006

Hi Frank,

thanks for your note.
I gave 1.3.2b1 a try and it worked out perfectly.
As shown in thread "building gdal on solaris", I edited cpl_strtod.cpp

There´s just one more line, I have to edit manually with any gdal
version: Though I configure with
LDFLAGS=-L/opt/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/lib32, GDALmake.opt always
reads LIBS = -lclntsh -L/opt/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/lib  -lm -lrt -ldl.
If left like this, gmake throws errors concerning wrong ELF class.
If I change the line to LIBS = -lclntsh
-L/opt/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/lib32  -lm -lrt -ldl it works.
I guess not really many users configure --with-oci? So for me it´s fine
as it is, but probably you can give me a hint how to fix this permanently.

I´m more than glad, being able to be of any help. So if you need someone
to test-compile on Solaris 9 on SPARC or on Solaris 10 on AMD64, please
let me know.

Thanks and best regards,
Chris

Frank Warmerdam schrieb:

> Christian Schaffer wrote:
>
>> Hi Holger,
>> Hi list,
>>
>> first of all thanks for helping me on this topic.
>>
>> I tried a few further variations, but couldn´t manage to avoid gmake
>> to throw errors. Finally, I downloaded GDAL version 1.3.0 and
>> configured it like this...
>> 23 GENESIS [build/gdal-1.3.0] # more my_conf
>> ./configure \
>> --with-gif=internal     \
>> --with-jpeg=internal    \
>> --with-geotiff=internal \
>> --with-libtiff=internal \
>> --with-libz=internal    \
>> --with-oci=/opt/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1
>>
>> ...ran gmake and everything worked smoothly. Well almost, as I forgot
>> to set a few LD_OPTIONS for my Oracle libs first.
>>
>> I´m wondering, if I´m the first running into this issue with Solaris
>> 9/SPARC and gdal 1.3.1?
>> Might there be a connection to NG Swig Bindings in 1.3.1? I didn´t
>> find these configure options in 1.3.0.
>>
>> Any hints are greatly appreciated.
>

> Christian,
>
> I believe there was a dependency on bash in somewhere.  Could you
> give GDAL 1.3.2beta1 a spin and see if you still have a problem?  If
> so, I would like to resolve it before 1.3.2 is finalized.
>
>   http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal-1.3.2b1.tar.gz
>
> Best regards,

                        Landeshauptstadt München

                        Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt