[Gdal-dev] Crash while calling CPLSetConfigOption

Antoine Hue tonio_73 at tiscali.fr
Tue Apr 25 15:04:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am currently porting my software to Windows using MingW, for sure it
is using GDAL underneath.

When testing the build result, at first it was crashing as GDAL was not
able to create an OGRSpatialReference. I thought then, the problem was
coming from the fact that GDAL is not able to find its CSV data files.
While in Linux I was using the setenv() stdlib call, it does not exists
on GDAL. Browsing GDAL code, I figured out that it is possible to use
CPLSetConfigOption() to do something similar. However, I get a crash on
the CPLSetConfigOption() call.
I see two possibilities:
- I am not using the function correctly, an init is needed.
- My GDAL DLL build is crap.

Could you answer the first option?

Antoine