[Gdal-dev] A problem for OGR to read 64bit integer type attribute in arc/info binary coverage

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 25 15:49:09 EDT 2006

hf2042 at sohu.com wrote:
> When using the GDAL/OGR Library to read the arc/info binary coverage
> files, I find that the OGR can not read the 64bit integer type attribute
> value properly.
>
> In arc/info binary coverage files some attributes are often stored in
> 64bit integer type; however, the OGR Library seems to only support 32bit
> integer type in maximum.
>
> For example, it reads out the integer attribute value 131021212125 as
> -2121882158.
>
> Would you please give me some advice?

Hi,

I'm afraid your analysis is correct.  I think after the GDAL 1.3.2 release
one of the things we need to address for 1.4.0 is a 64bit integer field
type in OGR.  I would encourage you to file a bug on the particular
issue with binary coverages including a zip of a modest sized coverage
demonstrating the problem.